RIGHT-CLICK THE PODCAST ICON BELOW TO DOWNLOAD THE PODCAST – SELECT, “Save Link As…” to SAVE THE PODCAST TO YOUR COMPUTER
New features on the new SimpleArts site:
- Pattern blow-out sale in the SA store — Patterns are 30-50% off through Dec. 31, while supplies last.
- How would you like a collection of all of the Quilting Stash shows from program #1 to all of the shows recorded through Dec. 31, 2008? We are going to retire many of the early shows so we can have room for new shows. You can receive the Quilting Stash 2005-2008 shows as a thank you gift when you donate $30 to Quilting Stash. Just click here.
- For complete details for the March 2009 Cambria retreat, click here.
- Have you seen the December issue of Quilter’s Newsletter magazine? Page 46 has an article on podcasting!
Featured artists and products on this show:
To visit Virginia and her website, click here. I love Virginia’s heirloom creations like Quilt Study:
that incorporates buttons, lace, words, pictures and all of the little keepsake items that I have been saving of my Gran and Mom for years and haven’t known what to do with. Wouldn’t something like this make an excellent gift, any time of year?
The Ultra-cool Bias Tool
See how easy this ruler is to use?
This is the coolest ruler. Listen to this podcast as Susan Brown, President of The Quilter’s Mercantile demonstrates this great tool! The Quilter’s Mercantile is the apparent home of The Bias Tool.
You can contact the Quilter’s Mercantile by phone at 507-385-7777.
I can’t wait to be able to make more sturdy bias binding for my quilts, but especially — to be able to make bias vines for all of my applique projects!!
Janet Platt, demonstrating the Prairie Points Ruler
How great would it be to make Prairie Points in one long piece instead of little squares that can get mis-aligned? Visit Janet’s website for complete information at QuickPoints ruler.com.
You can win this book. See how below!
The indomitable Lizzy House with her Lizzy Dish fabric line. You go, girl!
Details of Lizzy’s apron – what a nifty idea!
The House girls – Lizzy, mom Cherri, and Ashlee. A multi-talented bunch.
Other products mentioned in the show:
Sheri Berry Halloween and Christmas from Northcott Fabrics
Moda’s fabric packaging. Did you know that:
- Sweet rolls are 40 – 1 ½” x 45 “ strips?
- Turnovers are 80- 6” cut half square triangles?
- Jelly Rolls are 40 – 2 ½” x 45” strips?
- Layer cakes are 40 – 10” x 10” square
What is Accuquilt??
Only the hoppin’-est booth at Quilt Market
and the coolest product at Market this year, ready to turn quilting on its’ ear.
- Quickie Chicks — Sole Cool Hot Iron Bag and find which store is carrying their pattern on the JWD Publishing website
Don’t forget to check out the serendipity studio website and Kay’s blog. Keep your eye out for the ultra-cool patchwork rug in Kay’s booth
- Shades brand Soft Fuse by Stacy Michell, my new favorite fusible web for machine applique
I hope you’ve enjoyed this show. Now, if you’d like the chance to win some of the cool things that I spoke about in the show, like these:
Virgina Cole’s Quilt Study book
one of two copies of Cassie Barden’s “The New Handmade” book
one of three Prairie Points rulers
SIX fabulous prizes are up for grabs in this show. To enter, send an email to Annie with your name, address, and which of the prizes you would like to be in the drawing for. Prize winners will be chosen at random on December 15th, so don’t delay!!
I hope you enjoy the new look of the blog! It’s so much easier to use. Pardon our dust as we continue to add all of the features that you’re used to seeing here and add new things, too. Check back often to see our progress.
And hey, Happy Quilting!!
©2008 Annie Smith All Rights Reserved