Here is a list and links to the treasures that I have found recently. Enjoy!
• Album Quilts of Ohio’s Miami Valley by Sue C. Cummings
• Quilts of Virginia 1607-1899, the birth of America through the eye of a needle
• Wisconsin Quilts – History in the stitches by Ellen Kort with Maggi McCormick Gordon
• Quilts of the Oregon Trail by Mary Bywater Cross
• The Farmer’s Wife Sampler Quilt – letters from 1920’s farm wives and the 111 blocks they inspired – by Laurie Aaron Hird
• The American Quilt: A history of cloth and comfort 1750-1950 by Rod Kiracofe
• American Quilts: The Democratic Art 1780-2007 by Robert Shaw
Small Blocks, Stunning Quilts by Biz Storms and Mary Elizabeth Kinch
Making Memories, Simple Quilts from Cherished Clothing is by my friend, Deb Rowden.
If you want a direct line to Deb, check out her blog, Thrift Store Quilts.
- Surface Design Essentials by Jane Davila
- To Be An Elm Creek Quilter by Jennifer Chiaverini
- Calling Cards: Connect with Style by Trice Boerens — look at the bottom of the blog for a surprise!
Kay MacKenzie’s Dolls and Dresses to Applique
Barrington Medallion pattern by Karen Witt of Reproductionquilts.com
Quilts of the Shelburne Museum, postcards
The Goddess of the Last Minute by Robbi Joy Eklow
Marie Bostwick’s new book, A Thread So Thin will be released in April!
What treasures I found at my local Library!
• Jinny Beyer’s Quilters Album of Patchwork Patterns
• Masters Art Quilts by Martha Sielman
• Art Quilts, a celebration of 400 contemporary designs
• The Orlofski’s book: Quilts in America
Audiobooks to listen to while I quilt:
The Physick book of Deliverance Dane
- The Quiltmakers of Gees Bend
- A Century of Quilts
- The Art of Quilting
- The Great American Quilt Revival
Cottage Quilts in Fresno — oops, sorry – I said the shop was Quilt Cottage.
Sew Cute Couture by Gail Doane — these darling clothes are in sizes 6 months to 12 years. Patterns are included in the book.
The Scientific Quilter podcast – Darla McFarren
Mark’s new podcast info can be found on his blog here.
Add a comment below for a chance to win:
Kay’s Dolls and Dresses book, KAren Witt’s Barrington Medallion pattern and one that I forgot to mention… a copy of Calling Cards! So 3 fabulous prizes. The winners will be drawn on March 27th.
©2010 Annie Smith All Rights Reserved